I wanted to tell the people I care about and who I believe care about me my good news. As a matter of fact, I was so excited I called Davina at Shades of Crimson already.
Davina said I should tell all my readers for sure, so here goes.
I FEEL BETTER!
It is true. I went to the new, caring Naturopathic Doctor I found at the Heart of Wellness, and even she said, “Yes! You are much improved.” So improved that she took me off the blood pressure medication, yessiree, she said no more of that medicine and let us see if the BP stays low.
I had also lost 2 pounds, which I will report to you, but I don’t think, since it hasn’t been off for a whole week yet, I will mention the other 5 pounds.
My clothing feels looser.
We think the virus that I got on the train November 20, 2009 is cleared up and now the Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome can let me have some energy to work on other areas that still need improvement. There is still the pesky business of a yeast infection and a lymphatic infection that was never cleared.
It took me all day but I was able to process 50 pounds of organic strawberries into the food dehydrator and freezer.
I had 2 massages during the last week of May, and have felt that to be the first major turning point in my healing. I have not had a 20 hour sleep since then, although getting enough energy to get out of bed in the morning is still a very difficult endeavor.
Still a huge problem is the pain and weakness in my right knee – stairs are scary- and yet the inflammation in the nerve endings has gone quite quiet – wow am I glad.
The fuzziness in my vision is also disappearing as are the headaches – hip hip hurrah for steel cut oatmeal and cups and cups of organic frozen blueberries.
So what have I been doing? A short list:
- I put myself first
- I am working on staying in the present moment as often as possible
- I am eating fresh organics from my CSA box and following Dr. Fuhrman’s
- recommendations in his EAT TO LIVE program (see sidebar)
- I read 15 minutes a day from Geneen Roth’s newest book: WOMEN, FOOD, AND GOD ( this is my 8th time through this book)
- I do 30 minutes a day of meditation and I begin with reading the “I am….” Exercise on page 139 of Debbie Ford’s book THE DARK SIDE OF THE LIGHT CHASERS (I have explored this book for years, I cannot afford the new one with Deepak Chopra and Marianne Williamson)
- I am walking up and down hills for 1 hour everyday (about 2 miles at my deliberate pace – not in a hurry. Going quickly tells my Adrenals that I am being chased and need to defend myself.)
- Two times a week I attend Yin-Yoga classes and do the “I am ….” Exercise while holding poses for 5 minutes at a time.
- I do prayer chanting one hour per week.
Blog coach Barbara Swafford, reminded me about having an apple cider vinegar w/ the mother cocktail every afternoon.
My Doctor also did more acupuncture to assist in Detox and to open my throat. I have 6 massages left for over the summer from my insurance, and I will see the Doctor again in a month.
I am also working on releasing another virus from my system which is keeping my Adrenal Fatigue Syndrome flared up and active. This virus is called MONEY and FEAR.
Talon’s posts remind me of beauty in the world.
I am not all the way to feeling tip top, or up to full energy, but I am so happy to report that I feel like I am on my right pathway – finally; getting some good clues that health is returning. Progress is good and I am getting unstuck.
Do you have any magic potions for healing? Does your Doctor care about you – personally? When do you know you are feeling your best? Best self?
Looking forward to your caring comments and suggestions: