Blogger Dad – Blame Tara Meme
Both said,” just go for it – lighten up” so I thought I would just give it a try, so here we go:
- Who is the hottest movie star? I do not really think much about movie stars “hotness” but I think I would have to go for George Clooney on this one. He also seems like a very good person when he is off screen and active in life enhancing adventures. I can readily name a number of “hot folks” who I think cannot act, but I do not wish to give them that kind of attention – Thank you!Jodi Foster might be considered HOT?And anyone who knows me knows I just have the greatest respect for Meryl Streep, she is powerful and different in every role and I just have to go to every movie. She is a good person and participates in so many causes that support the environment and children. I will confess that yes I did go and see “the Devil Wears Prada” – Streep was great and that Hathaway girl was so awful in it…oh oh now I said it!
- Apart from your house and your car, what’s the most expensive item you’ve ever bought?
I have several amazing pieces of original art in my home. I have 6 originals (two of which won awards) by my oldest daughter, that people make a big deal over as they enter the front door. I have 6 original BikingArchitect paintings of buildings – my favorite is a hot yellow house with a very green tree in a courtyard in Denmark. I have 3 originals from daughter number 2 and 1 original stencil from daughter number 3. With my first career series of paychecks I bought a baby grand piano (sold to cover surgery expenses for the child who was just amazing at the keyboard.)I have two prints by Ann Miletuh – Wardut. She is an artist who lives in Port Townsend, Washington, and creates art with the Dump Children in Brazil in the winter and teaches art on the Ferries in Alaska in the summer. Her use of color is extraordinary.
My favorite biggest expense was the professional Thermador Convection Oven with a cook top. It is irreplaceable and I have spent so many hours working with it. I persuaded my partner that I must have an antique looking RED $16,000 cook stove for this house remodel. He and the Contractor spent hours trying to persuade me to pick a different stove. So when I picked this $5,000 gem of a work horse, they were both so relieved, they put in the order about an hour later.
- What’s your most treasured memory?
Sunrises: the arrival of two birth daughters was the same moment as sun rise. The hospital delivery room was above the trees; one daughter arriving and the sun rising at the same moment both framed by my knees! Daughter #3’s arrival was off an airplane (my husband’s pregnancy) she was back lit by sunrise and all we could see was her black hair sticking straight up off her head and Grandmother’s lovely pink blanket!When we were remodeling this house and the windows had just been installed on the Eastside; we were still all sleeping in the living room, one morning we woke up to the sun rising right out of Mount Rainier and right beside the Capital Dome…we just all curled up together and felt the beauty and the love of being there at the start of a new day.
- What was the best gift you ever received as a child?
Self – discipline and the love of learning just seem like right at the top of the list, but I think most meme writers would think of a toy. In that category, I would say when I finally got my first wrist watch because I knew how to tell time.
- What’s the biggest mistake you’ve made? Going to Seminary and becoming an Ordained Minister. I can write that with no hesitation. As a person who liked to be first at most things, this was not a good career choice for going first – I was not actually first, but still in the front running.
- 4 words to describe yourself. Kind. Writer. Compassionate. Awesomemom.
- What was your highlight or lowlight of 2008? High: starting Patriciaswisdom.
- Favourite film? I truly enjoy a good movie with good acting, but I have several movies I watch for motivation and I own ( I own very few movies) Under the Tuscan Sun and Momma Mia I watched many times when I have just experienced one too many rainy days! I watch Ground Hogs Day on Grounds Hogs Day to remember my Father ( his birthday day) and I watch Baby Boom to remember how radical we thought we were, and how if we ended up with a baby and working in our own kitchen, we still had enough brain power to succeeded.
- Tell me one thing I don’t know about you. I have never been offered the job after doing a job interview. Every job I have ever done has been because I was volunteering and someone offered me the position when someone resigned or quit.
- If you were a comic book/strip or cartoon character, who would you be? Brenda Starr!
Here are the bloggers I am passing this meme off to, they do not have to do this but I thought it would be a nice one to send out and about:
Tess at the BOLD LIFE
Dot at Deeper Issues
Caroline at The Zen in You
Lisa at Travelin’ Local
Chania Girl at Living Happiness
Betsy and Pete at Passing Thru
Roadster at the RoadsTer Chronicles
J.D. at Sources of Insight