Toadly Tickling My Funny Bone
Kara of CONDUIT OF JOY offered to do a reading for me to find my Animal Totem Guide for this journey of health I am engaged in. In return, I agreed to do a blog post about Kara’s reading. I want to disclose to you that I am delighted to share with you this fun experience.
I have been blessed with several other Totem Animal Guide readings over my life time. In graduate school, a Native American woman who worked with did a reading for me about whether or not I should continue in that particular program. My Guide was DEER, who is unafraid to climb a mountain and approach GOD. I studied all the traits of Deer and found it was a good guide for me at that time; sometimes leaping and primarily to keep climbing higher and be unafraid.
What would deer do? Became a phrase I repeated often and it usually kept me right on track.
When my children were little and I needed to find work, my Totem Guide was Wiesel. I was none too happy by this choice but then this is a very stealth critter that changes positions very often and carries positive messages to the Chief particularly in time of great strife. This guide kept me making enough money to pay our health insurance premiums for many years by doing numerous small contract tasks for other people.
I was asking the question of this reading, How do I achieve financial and physical health?
Several days after selecting the question a three page missive came to my email box, it was the story of Kara’s reading and it named TOAD as my Totem Animal Guide. Toad is a very interesting species and the key words for Toad are: inner strength and resources especially in times of change.
I have begun researching information about how Toad journeys and what I can learn from the guide about my questions. I am also searching for a Toady picture for the wall paper for my computer desktop!
I do have to confess that I laughed with abandon because the first thoughts I had about Toad were about the Arnold Lobel books : Frog and Toad . These were some of my children’s favorite stories and they are just loaded with delicious guidance for all.
Frog and Toad are Friends – Days with Frog and Toad – Frog and Toad All Year – Frog and Toad Together
Toad was always the wise one – Frog a bit impetuous.
I will not relay the entire story for you and would suggest you connect with Kara for you own reading and Totem Guide without preconception. I will share with you a list of what I learned that was helpful to my progress:
- I am very close to achieving my goals, I can see them they are that close
- I need to connect more with my love of myself, which because I do so much for others I have neglected in myself
- Some toads have a toxic in their skin, which would be good for me to develop so that I could recognize others emotions but not absorb them.
- I need to make work and play be the same
- I could use more time just sitting on the lily pad or log just waiting for IT to come.
- I need to make myself bigger by getting credit for all my accomplishments
- My guides are having trouble getting through to me because I am not very open to receiving – I need to open myself up.
- Toads and frogs are the canaries of the environment – I am extremely sensitive to the environment on many levels.
- Need to work in a loving, supportive environment with appreciative, creative folks
The phone call with Kara was the icing on the cake and I was able to glean more information from the reading, have an enjoyable conversation, and integrate the ideas into actions that I can take.
The most important reminder that I received and took to heart was – It is the connection with the DIVINE which enables me to find financial and physical health.
Have you ever researched your Totem Animal Guide in any of your life journeys? What Animal might represent you right now or be a good guide on your path? Does finding your guide seem like fun or just funny?
Looking forward to your enlightening comments.