I’m Two!

Two

Two

Patricia’s Wisdom was launched May 1, 2008 and so now celebrates a second year and the beginning of number 3.   On site it has been a very good year and we also published the 300th post during this winter.

I am promised some quality spring cleaning and organizational changes by IT Girl as soon as her semester project is completed this spring.  I am making a list and checking it twice.

I have quite a stack of books by my reading chair for review in this New Year and of course, that tickles me no end – I do so love to read.  I enjoy sharing the ideas learned and the new concepts explored with all of my faithful readers.  I feel like a good and solid resource.

The major change in 2010 is the idea that I have truly put my health first on the list.  PW has moved down a couple of pegs on the priorities of my life.  My family too!

I am making myself stop and smell the roses ( well! lilacs are the only thing blooming that smells divine to me at this time)  and  taking time to share my discoveries of the little things that just come on by, such at the red-headed sap sucker doing a drum roll on the 4 –way stop sign along my walk today.

Rose

Rose

One moment enjoyed at a time with gratitude.

Which brings me to the warmth and glow of thanksgiving I feel every occasion I have to think about this blogging community; I have made some remarkable friendships because of this blog and writing these words.   A jump up and down, cartwheeled cheer for each and every one of you reading here and a blessing to each of you who makes a comment – blessed be!

I do have a wish for PW and it is that in year 3, I will write such a gathering of words which will inspire 50 comments not counting replies.

My health journey is being featured on Evita’s Evolving Wellness for the month of May.  Please join me there.

I don’t think we will have cake, just storytelling and fond reads through the archives. I thank you for your greatly appreciated comments and of course all your amazing blog posts for me to read and enjoy.

Please feel free to share this post and if you enjoy reading here please subscribe RSS or email.

Related posts you might also enjoy:
A Prayer in Spring
Dawn and Release
Anniversary
The Duck

25 Comments on “I’m Two!”

1. #1 Catrien Ross
    on May 3rd, 2010 at 1:02 am

Patricia, congratulations on being two!! And more than 300 posts, too – inspiring!

I very much appreciate meeting you via the web, and look forward to enjoying many more of your insightful posts. I will drop by Evita’s place to read your post there.

What will you do to celebrate your number two birthday – in addition to smelling the roses-come-lilacs?

Greetings and best wishes to you from the mountains of Japan – Catrien Ross.

P.S. In your last blog post you pointed out it was NOT a horse story. My latest blog post IS a horse story – please drop by to enjoy the photos of an unusual Japanese experience!
    .-= Catrien Ross´s last blog ..Catrien Ross on Hitting Your Target at Full Gallop – Personal Growth Inspiration from Samurai Horse Archers at Mount Fuji =-.

2. #2 Dot
    on May 3rd, 2010 at 5:10 am

Yay two! And many happy returns! It went by so fast!

3. #3 Tony Single
    on May 3rd, 2010 at 5:28 am

Happy second blogday, Patricia! :)

It’s been a privilege to be here reading your blog posts from week to week. I’m looking forward to more in the coming months and years.

In between you sniffing the roses of course. :P
    .-= Tony Single´s last blog ..The Accidental Criminal =-.

4. #4 Betsy Wuebker
    on May 3rd, 2010 at 8:18 am

Congratulations on this milestone! It has been wonderful to be part of the journey with you! Looking forward to greater greatness. :)

on May 3rd, 2010 at 8:19 am

I’m glad that your health and well being is now firmly planted at the top of your ‘to do’ list, Patricia.

I’ve loved every moment I’ve spent on your blog. Congratulations on 2 years! It’s amazing how quicky the time flies by, isn’t it?

I look forward to hundreds of more posts of your special brand of wisdom — as long as the idea of hundreds of posts doesn’t freak you out :)
    .-= Talon´s last blog ..Honestly… =-.

6. #6 Davina
    on May 3rd, 2010 at 8:35 am

Congratulations, Patricia. When I saw the picture at the top of your post I thought to myself, “Peace”. :-) Looking forward to more of PW.
    .-= Davina´s last blog ..9 Animal Totem Cards for Your Muse =-.

on May 3rd, 2010 at 11:42 am

Catrien,
    I will come by and read right away. A good horse story! thank you for your kind words

Dot,
    It has gone by quickly and with fun – blogging brings out the joy in me

Tony,
    Thank you for coming by week to week and all your wonderful comments…

Betsy,
    I hope I can deliver…but I will keep on writing; practice makes it better

Many thanks for your good wishes. I have a lot to say….no freak out expected!

Davina,
    I thought peace too….my 2 year old neighbor was gone and she is two and was going to pose for me…but Gramma got first bid on her time…

8. #8 Chris Edgar
    on May 3rd, 2010 at 11:58 am

When it was twenty-tennnnnnn — it was a very good yeaaaarrrr . . .
    Sorry, that was a brief blog birthday serenade. Anyway, I’m glad to hear you’re focusing on your health and it sounds like you’re benefiting from that!

on May 3rd, 2010 at 1:39 pm

Chris,
    Music is always such a good way to celebrate…..My neighbor is using my oven to bake one of 6 lasagna’s she is making for her husband’s 80th birthday celebration….I am having to use many of the exercises in your book today to just enjoy the smells….Thank you for that knowledge base – it is coming in handy

10. #10 vered | blogger for hire
    on May 3rd, 2010 at 2:16 pm

CONGRATS!

Do you know that most of the bloggers who started out with me (March 2008) are mo longer blogging? Surviving in the blogging world is tough… but we’re doing it. :)

“I have truly put my health first on the list” – I am so happy for you. This is great.
    .-= vered | blogger for hire´s last blog ..Vaginal Rejuvenation Awareness Day? Seriously? =-.

on May 3rd, 2010 at 4:37 pm

Vered,
    Yes we are doing it :) we are sticking to it…
    I am dancing with the temptations to give in with myself and turn back to the old ways, but then I feel so badly physically right away. I like the not so driven person better…and I truly like feeling better.

I just saw a few minutes of an interview of Naomi Campbell with Oprah and Oprah summed her life up pretty well – at 40 she is working on getting the insides to match the beautiful exterior life….I think I am doing the opposite – getting the outsides to match up with the brilliant, caring, loving, and competent insides!

12. #12 Kim Woodbridge
    on May 3rd, 2010 at 4:59 pm

Hi Patricia – Congratulations!! I started in May 2008 too – but at the end of the month.

I’m glad you are focusing on your health – it’s so important. And yay to all the books – can’t wait to read your reviews.
    .-= Kim Woodbridge´s last blog ..First Year Freelancing – 12% off all Services for the Month of May =-.

on May 3rd, 2010 at 8:41 pm

Kim,
    May is a good month for launching new things. It is still kind of scary to be sticking myself into the #1 time slot of my life…it is going to take some practice. Lots of books…Thanks for you good words

14. #14 Barbara Swafford
    on May 3rd, 2010 at 11:09 pm

Happy two year blog anniversary, Patricia,

I was reading Vered’s comment and that’s very true. Many don’t make it to two years of blogging, so this is a milestone that truly needs to be celebrated. I applaud you for your tenacity as well as putting yourself and your health first.

You go girl!
    .-= Barbara Swafford´s last blog ..Most Underrated and Overrated Blogging Tips =-.

on May 4th, 2010 at 10:21 am

Barbara,
    Thank you….I do just love this work…we will see where I am at at 5 year anniversary!

16. #16 suzen
    on May 4th, 2010 at 7:42 pm

Hi Patricia! Well happy birthday! That’s wonderful – but not nearly as wonderful as putting your health in the numero uno spot! We are nothing without our health!
    Eat green, my friend!
    hugs
    suZen

on May 5th, 2010 at 3:53 am

Hi Patricia .. your wisdom bestrides your years! Congratulations though and 300 posts – that’s great. You’ve done so well and have so many interesting subjects and I loved your cookery book project late last year .. excellent idea and you must have learnt so much – even some cooking!

Planning ahead I see in year 3 .. sounds good & having daughter home will be wonderful news & to share more photos and more news etc .. let alone the assistance with the technicalities of life! Books to read .. we do get such excellent recommendations from you and from our mix and match of other bloggers. Glad you’re stopping to smell the roses – lilac is lovely isn’t it – ours is just coming into blossom here on the coast.

It’s good to be with you along your journey .. and I hope your health can improve this year .. it probably will if you take a little more time with it & not be spot dancing around the blogosphere?! Yup – I’ll be happy to join you during the year with storytelling and fond reads .. let alone the archives .. look after yourself and here’s to good posting and enjoyable dates with books .. & the kitchen stove sometimes .. enjoy the summer and have fun .. Hilary
    .-= Hilary´s last blog ..The Okavango Delta – the perfect place to Safari or holiday? = Yes for me! Part 2/3: John’s Story…. =-.

on May 5th, 2010 at 10:39 am

Hilary,
    Thank you for dropping by and all your great words of wisdom. The sun is out today – wow does it make me feel better :) only about 40F’ today but oh the sun – make everything seem possible and the lilacs smell better

on May 5th, 2010 at 10:43 am

Suzen,
    I will try again, my response did not moderate? I am just home from a yin-yoga class and thinking how much more alive I feel…exercise builds energy. putting myself into the #1 spot is very hard for me – too many years of practice of taking care of others.

20. #20 J.D. Meier
    on May 5th, 2010 at 12:55 pm

Congrats — you have blossomed well.

I’m catching up to you — I’ll be 2 this September :)

For your 50 comment post, have you considered a distillation of your life lessons? Imagine a one-page masterpiece of your life insights … a fountain of wisdom at a glance. I can imagine the list of insights already, as your fountain flows.
    .-= J.D. Meier´s last blog ..Motivation, Skills, and Feedback =-.

on May 5th, 2010 at 2:22 pm

J.D.
    What a wonderful idea and thank you for you always encouraging words…

22. #22 jannie Funster
    on May 5th, 2010 at 5:13 pm

Happy second birthday, Patricia!

I imagine I’ll be right around 300 post on my 2nd in a few months. Seems like a great number.

I sure am glad to hear your health is your first priority — that’s awesome!!! Looking forward to hearing all good things.

xo

on May 5th, 2010 at 8:11 pm

Jannie,
    Thank you for coming on by. I have been thinking about the broken arm at your house all day. Hope it is knitting well.

24. #24 Barb Hartsook
    on May 7th, 2010 at 4:19 am

Happy blogging anniversary, Patricia. You have faced a lot of health issues in becoming-you journey! Wishing you good health and continued writing success. :)
    .-= Barb Hartsook´s last blog ..Life Happens in the Small Moments =-.

on May 8th, 2010 at 8:32 am

Barb,
    thank you for your kind wishes. The sunshine today is making me feel much better :)