32 Reasons to Love My Partner and My Marriage
I am celebrating my Wedding anniversary of 32 years while walking in Scotland. My Partner, The Biking Architect, is busy at home working, watering plants, and keeping the home fires attended while I go on this birthday adventure.
I always say, to find out how loving I am, figure out all the things I have cooked for you, or done for you, or the times I cleaned the house for you, so I thought I would list a few of the things that make me know I am well loved and that our marriage is a sacred spot in our lives.
- He is an artist and he picked me.
- My parents really liked him; my mum liked him best!
- Our Minister introduced us and knew us both – good recommendation.
- Our parents all survived the Depression and taught us similar skills.
- He is quiet.
- He is academically very smart and likes math – opposites attract?
- He volunteered to do the 3rd pregnancy and he did it.
- When we were dating and he had not talked on the 3rd date other than “yes”, “no” and “cross country skiing”, I said I would not go out with him if he did not add to the conversation. Three weeks later he called and invited me for a bike ride and tea – there by his phone was a list of his top 10 conversation starters starting with Zero Population Growth – I was impressed.
- He is taller than me
- He made pancakes and tea for supper for most of our dates – once an amazing stir fry.
- He thought about me – what would Patricia do in this situation?
- He wanted to parent three children. So did I.
- All the windows in our house are like paintings of the view outside – brought into our life – he can visualize what will be there in the future.
- Recognizes and honors my need for flowers – though he is allergic.
- Works hard at doing things I like to do at least one night a week.
- Taught the kids to ride bicycles by carrying them in the Snugli or backpack when they were very tiny.
- Eats his food with a knife and fork.
- Has majorly good table manners and always has a kind word for the preparer of his food.
- Took his turn walking the dogs and picking up after them.
- Was absolutely clear about not taking children or pets to get shots or blood work, but did the all nights in the hospital for 12 major surgeries.
- When one appreciates his effort he just beams.
- He is a slow eater and enjoys what he is eating.
- He is a careful and energy efficient driver – he gets us there safely.
- He designed the mountain bathroom that got us through the pass to Gram’s house and it is respectful of nature and how far a kid can travel without a rest stop. We used to have to carry a covered bucket to make this drive!
- Trusted and respected my parenting skills – not to say he wasn’t skeptical sometimes, but he held his tongue and was often pleased with the outcome.
- Loves his work.
- Can find something positive about almost everything he encounters.
- Expects the best in others and usually gets his expected results.
- When we found a petrified rat in the walls during our house remodel, he tossed it out into the woods where the crooked tail caught in a tree branch right outside the new window in the eating area. After lots of teasing, crying and uneaten dinner by children, he graciously removed the petrified, dangling rat from our vision.
- He finally got the office its first computer because I went after him tooth and nail to learn the computer and get the office going on this new wonderful thing before the competition. He finally persuaded the office – now I am working on twitter, but that maybe too “out there” for his office to grab hold.
- He has a keen eye for beauty and a love of nature
- He thinks I am beautiful and smart on my terms!
Got some special reasons for loving in your life? How do you spend your anniversary?
Ever read your marriage vows? Ever plan your future years out?
Looking forward to your comments.
Here are some related posts you might also enjoy:
Or, feel free to Tweet, Stumble or Digg It!