Factoid Friday: Carrots
- Whole organic carrots with the peel on are one of the healthiest foods one can consume and a good source of fiber.
- Dr. Christiane Northrup says in her Menopause book, The Wisdom of Menopause, that eating 5 whole organic carrots per week can reduce your risks of cancer by about 50%.
- Cocktail carrots are created by taking the damaged, crooked, broken carrots at harvest, and lathing them down into the happy, little shape we see in the bag or at weddings.
- Ever notice that your cocktail carrots are getting a white powdery substance on the outside? This is the chlorine that they were dipped in coming up to the surface.
- We know that chlorine is a carcinogen.
- Although we know that dogs cannot digest carrots, they make a sweet treat when training and help to get the tartar off their teeth and get rid of “doggie breath”.