Factoid Friday: Kauai – The Garden Island of Hawaii
As I prepare for my trip to Hawaii, I thought I would share some interesting things I learned about the Island of Kauai.
- 45% of the coastline of Kauai is deserted.
- Kauai is on the Northern most island in the chain.
- The National Tropical Botanical Gardens are located here.
- There are 5 distinct parts of Kauai which are: the North Shore, The South Shore, the Coconut Coast, Westside, Gateway – Lihue.
- Endangered bird species are protected here as are native plants.
- There are lots of hiking trails and spectacular views.
- There are lots of activities from boat rides to quiet hikes and massage centers.
- The Kauai Inn is located on a 3 acre tropical plantation and is in the heart of the historic – cultural center of the Island.
- Many State Parks are located here.
- There is a Kayak trip to explore Huleia Stream and the wild bird sanctuary.
- The Island has lots of waterfalls, dramatic views, and the mountains come down to the stunning beaches.
- Whale watching is a big pastime on this island.
- Everyone who has been to Kauai can tell you their favorite spot and adventure and they all say the people are the best.
Have you been to Kauai? What did you find to be your favorite spot?
Why would you like to go again?
If you have not been, what ideas are conjured up when someone talks about Hawaii?
Looking forward to hearing what you have to share….Thank you